Dec 28, 2008

5 Minutes of Bliss (For Your Feet)

Now is a season of new learning and new beginnings for everyone. Sometimes, the toughest part of 'fresh starts' can be simply managing the stress. Toward being helpful to you, I'd like to share one way that I get at least 5 minutes of pure bliss just about every other morning. Like the marketing slogan says, 'calm the body, calm the mind'. For illustration purposes (I have no affiliation to any of the companies listed), I've included links to the exact products I use. Of course, please use what appeals to and works best for you! As always, send your practical hints, tips and interesting experiences along to us at: walktopia at gmail dot com.

1 - I follow Dr. Jim Gordon's "Concentrative Meditation" on YouTube while doing my aromatherapy footsoak using EO lavender bath salts.

2 - I use a Container Store men's plastic shoe box and only about 3 inches of comfortably hot water. When compared to the big, cumbersome foot spa tubs, this compact container is much easier to carry to and from your water source -and- it cleans up quickly and nicely with a a spray or two of hydrogen peroxide when you're done. Who knew? It doesn't take gallons of water to make a beneficial footsoaking experience!!!

3 - After the guided meditation ends, I pumice my heels with a Revlon foot smoother (when you have a regular ritual of foot sloughing and massage, 30 seconds on each heel works just fine) then slather on moisturizing Alaffia unscented shea butter. Other good choices for moisturizing and smoothing: Nutiva coconut oil, Alba Un-petroleum multipurpose jelly.

4 - I find myself repeating the relaxing deep breathing technique in this relaxation exercise whenever I remember it throughout my day. This ritual is pure bliss--well worth the 5 minutes total it all takes. (Yep, only five minutes!!!)

With Happy Feet and Laughter,
Eliz.